I have over 25 years of experience in the recovery and reorganisation space. I lead our British Virgin Islands (BVI) business and take insolvency appointments in the BVI. Our practice focuses on complex cross border insolvencies, dispute resolution and forensic accountancy.
I started my career in London moving to Asia in the late 1990’s. Following a couple of years in Hong Kong and my return to the UK, I moved into corporate finance before returning to restructuring work where I operated as an insolvency practitioner and worked in restructuring, advisory and pensions advisory.
In 2014 I moved to Hong Kong and launched our restructuring team. Over the next seven years I was involved in some of the largest cross border restructuring cases including China Fishery, Noble Group, China Huishan Diary Holding including offshore cases in Cayman, Bermuda and BVi.
Over the last few years I acted as an independent director sitting as a director on numerous boards as part of an international dispute relating to an investment fund.
- Restructuring advisor to a USD 400 million senior debt group in the restructuring of a major listed business headquartered in Hong Kong.
- Appointed by stakeholders to manage a PE fund with USD 700 million of investments and operations over 27 jurisdictions. Acted as Board member to monitor and maintain status quo.
- Bermuda Court appointed soft touch Liquidator of Indian telco. Oversaw the disposal of key operations to third party acquirer
- Joint Liquidator of UA Cinemas one of the larges cinema chains in Hong Kong and oversaw the disposal of multiple sites to new operators.
- BVI Liquidator of entity embroiled in the Qingdao metals fraud.
- Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association
- Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
- JIEB Qualified
- Former Board member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants – RIF Chapter